Friday 16 April 2010

Queen Margrethe's birthday press conference @ Fredensborg

Tarriq Mikkel Khan/POLFOTO

8 April,2010: Queen Margrethe had a busy day on April 8 with the 'Margrethe 2' exhibition opening at Amalienborg Museum during the morning and a press conference in the afternoon at Fredensborg. The traditional Fakkeltog followed in the evening. At the press conference Queen Margrethe said "I have been overwhelmed that so many want to celebrate me. It isn't only the many years I have lived, but also the many years I have functioned as Queen for Denmark that is being celebrated."

"As long as I have the strength, I do not want to slow down. There are so many tasks and events that I think are exciting and important that I want to continue to take on myself," was Her Majesty's response to questions about whether she intends to slow down her pace now that she reaches 70 years of age.

She also emphasised that it has been a great experience to watch the many documentaries and books about her life that have been shown and published recently in connection with her birthday.

The Queen welcomed the large number of journalists in attendance with Prince Henrik at her side, in the Garden Room at Fredensborg Palace. After about 10 minutes Prince Henrik left the press conference, before the journalists started asking questions. On his way out the Prince Consort gave the Queen a hug and a kiss.

The Queen was asked where she stands on smoking since 14,000 a year die in relation to smoking. “But I’m a smoker and that’s not a secret. So I do so” the Queen said with a combination laugh and cough.



Photos © Hasse Ferrold/International Club Copenhagen

TV2 - video
TV2 - video, the smoking question
hola.com

Thanks gudinde, commoner and Hasse!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home